Caroxymethyl cellulose produced by Fortune Biotech is featured by
high acid-tolerance, high salt-tolerance, high transparency, few
free fiber, few gel granule, fast dissolving speed. Good solution
fluidity after dissolving. Molecular distribute uniformly. The
purity of our product sodium arboxy methyl cellulose is more than
99.5% to prevent the food from influence of other substances.
CMC is widely used in frozen desserts, protein food, bevereages,
icings, dressing, instant noodles, etc.
1. Thickening: CMC can produce high viscosity at low concentration.
It also acts as lubricant.
2. Water retention: CMC is a water binder, helps increase shelf
life of food.
3. Suspending aid: CMC acts as emulsifier and suspension
stabiliser, particularly in icings to control ice crystal size
4.Film forming: CMC can produce a film on the surface of fried
food, eg, instant noodle, and prevent absorption of excessive
5. Chemical stability: CMC is resistant to heat, light, mold and
commonly used chemicals.
6. Physiologically inert: CMC as a food additive has no caloric
value and can not be metaboilized.
1% Aqueous solution
Brookfield viscosity (cps)
2% Aqueous solution
(10g/L aqueous solution)
|Degree of substitution (D.S.)||0.75-0.90|
|Chloride (As Cl-, %)||≤0.5|
|Sodium glycolate (%)||≤0.4|
|Loss on drying (%)||≤8.0|
Woven bags with PE liner, kraft paper with PE liner, and jumbo bag